Saturday, March 7, 2009

New Song on the Homeless!!

We finally got our song, "Where Will You Sleep Tonight" on the homeless recorded. We are going to make our video soon. The words are below, here is a link to the song:

http://www.truthonearthband.com/song_sleeptonight.html

Lyrics:
Maybe you’d like to know what it’s like to live the world’s longest day
For one, just block out all memories of the past – I’m here to say
There is no useful training preparing us to make it here on the streets
Yeah its dirty, and its dark and as dangerous as it seems…

I walk about, see who stares at me
They’re all around, just them and the lonely life they lead
Government paranoia – Vets who can’t pay the rent
Property damage – Beating the battle in their mind
Bleeding hearts – Cold flesh in the winter nights
Where will you eat tonight
Where will you sleep tonight

Now what’s it to you, if my homes outside and yes it’s cold
And it’s where I hide, you know they’re right when they say I’m a beggar
At least I have my pride, the money you gave me won’t go to waste
It’ll keep me and my kids alive, our future could see better days

I walk about see who stares at me
They’re all around just them and the lonely life they lead
Back alley dumpster garbage – Kids who can’t experience
Improperly managed – fighting the demons in their lives
Open wounds – No food in the winter nights
Where will you eat tonight, Where will you sleep tonight

Accept the kindness of strangers, Often – I get your hatred too
I know that I’m despised, I know that you’re afraid but I am too
What if you were me, What if I was you
Can we switch and see, Would it change your view

No comments:

Post a Comment